In order to be eligible for the CSC Scholarship, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
Candidates are strongly encouraged to read the specific conditions that apply to this scholarship on the CSC website prior to application and to contact the CSC Scholarship Liaison Officer at their home university for clarification if required.
Interested candidates should refer to the List of Potential PhD Projects available at UNSW Canberra.
Please note that the School of Business considers only students in the final year of their Master's degree, and because of the special demands of Social Science research, English requirements are high.
Successful CSC sponsored PhD students are eligible for:
- HDR fee remission to cover all tuition fees for (maximum) four years
- A top-up scholarship of A$10,000 per year
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the CSC doctoral scholarship subject to satisfactory annual progress reviews
- An establishment scholarship of A$1,000 to support initial settlement in Canberra
- 4 weeks free accommodation on arrival
Students will also benefit from:
- A staff member from the CSC home university to act as co-supervisor for that student
- Up to two co-supervisors from each home university to be supported by the Rector-funded visiting fellowship scheme to undertake short-term research visits to UNSW Canberra
- A UNSW Canberra coordinator appointed to each student.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants for the UNSW Canberra-CSC Scholarship must first apply for and receive an unconditional offer of admission to UNSW Canberra for their preferred PhD program, or an offer conditional on completion of their current program. Please follow the instructions set out in the postgraduate research application process.
Please ensure that your full and complete application, including all supporting documents, referee reports and evidence of English language proficiency, is received by UNSW Canberra by the closing date. However, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their full application as early as possible.
Incomplete applications, or applications received after the closing date, may not be processed in time for consideration for the scholarship.
UNSW Canberra will notify you of the outcome of your PhD program application, provide you with a supplementary letter at the time containing additional information required for the CSC scholarship application, and inform you of your successful/unsuccessful placement on the nomination list for the scholarship.